Welcome To My Blog

Weekends are for wandering Wisconsin. That's what Rick, my guy, and I do. Occasionally we wander during the week, too. Sometimes we just drop in on other people's lives.

This blog is my way of sharing where we've been, neat places and things to do that we've found.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Close to Home

So often there are things to do and sights to see that are in our backyards but we don't take advantage of them. 

Holy Hill is practically in Rick's back yard (5 miles away) and we've only been there two times in 14 years. However, it's one of those places that I like to photograph often. 

Looking east on Holy Hill Road (State Highway 167)...
As seen from the side...
Our beautiful state capitol is in my backyard but yet it's been 40+ years since I've actually taken a tour of its interior. Now seems to be a good time to take advantage of the daily tours of a National Historic Landmark in my town, especially since it's been several years since the building was renovated.
Let me know, with your comments, what you've seen or done lately that was in your backyard. Perhaps we'll be wandering over there one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment