Welcome To My Blog

Weekends are for wandering Wisconsin. That's what Rick, my guy, and I do. Occasionally we wander during the week, too. Sometimes we just drop in on other people's lives.

This blog is my way of sharing where we've been, neat places and things to do that we've found.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

In Celebration of St. Pat's Day

With the approach of St. Patrick's Day this Saturday, I began thinking about some of the Irish pubs we've discovered in our travels.

The Irish Lion is in Bloomington, IN. We stopped there last spring on our way to a bourbon trail tour in Kentucky. This pub is a favorite of a friend of ours who lives in Bloomington and we were pleased with the fare.

Last fall we paid a visit to the Studebaker Museum in South Bend, IN and stopped at the Fiddler’s Hearth for lunch. If memory serves, this pub was a recommendation of our friends who were with us. Again, another good meal at a fun place.
Raise your pint of Guinness (or any favorite libation) and let me end this short post with an Irish toast:

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment