Welcome To My Blog

Weekends are for wandering Wisconsin. That's what Rick, my guy, and I do. Occasionally we wander during the week, too. Sometimes we just drop in on other people's lives.

This blog is my way of sharing where we've been, neat places and things to do that we've found.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Jeanne - The Writer (of more than this blog)

Last fall I took on another assignment - freelance writer for Madison Essentials Magazine. It's a great quarterly publication that highlights unique local restaurants, shops, businesses, nonprofits, and attractions in the Greater Madison area. You'll read about events, entertainment, people, and places - all that's essential.

The writing assignments have been fun and interesting. Check out two recent issues that each featured two articles written by me.

February 2016 Cambridge Winery
One of 120 wineries in our state that opened a tasting room in Madison. The vineyard is located in Cambridge, WI to the east of Madison.

A friend and I visited the tasting room at 1001 S. Whitney Way last fall. It was a fun way to end an evening following dinner.
The tasting room is open Wednesday - Friday 4:00 - 9:00 p.m., Saturday noon - 9:00 p.m.,
and Sunday noon - 5:00 p.m. 
February 2016 Wisconsin Historical Society Headquarters Building
I worked in this building for 7+ years. I never got tired of going up its steps nor of promoting the Society to people throughout the state, especially to its members and donors, many of whom became friends.
I'm saddened to say that this image is definitely historical. With all the recent
construction at the lower end of the UW campus and on Library Mall, these beautiful
crabapple trees are relics of the past.
May 2016 American Provenance
A producer of personal care products for both men and women located in rural Dane County outside of Madison. The owner gave me a ton of samples which, in turn, I gifted to Rick and the men in his family. Along the way, I learned why deodorant is better than antiperspirant.

May 2016 University of Wisconsin Dairy Barn
Just in time for June Dairy month. A great deal of history was made in this space thus qualifying the barn for National Historic Landmark status.
Cows are still housed in the Dairy Barn, one semester at a time, so students
in the UW's College of Agriculture can get practical experience as part of their coursework.
Watch for future articles in the next issue that will be online in August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment