Welcome To My Blog

Weekends are for wandering Wisconsin. That's what Rick, my guy, and I do. Occasionally we wander during the week, too. Sometimes we just drop in on other people's lives.

This blog is my way of sharing where we've been, neat places and things to do that we've found.

Friday, December 09, 2011

Holiday Lights

Lots of lights around Wisconsin this time of the year. And that’s a good thing as we approach the shortest day of the year in less than two weeks.

Here’s a sampling of the NECA IBEW Holiday Fantasy in Lights at Olin-Turville Park in Madison. The displays are lit from dusk until dawn now until New Year’s Day.

In the Milwaukee area, the light display at the Washington County Fair Park near West Bend should not be missed. The lights are on for limited hours until December 29.

Richfield (also in Washington County) had its Christmas in Richfield celebration last weekend including the lighting of the tree at the village hall. 
And finally, there’s the splendid Christmas tree (not a "holiday tree" this year) in the rotunda of our beautiful state capitol.
Children in private schools throughout Wisconsin made ornaments
for the tree. Many of those children came from parochial schools.
Maybe that's one of the reasons our Governor declared it to be a Christmas tree!
I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. —Og Mandino

No comments:

Post a Comment